Providing Superior Value to Customers Across Texas
About TXU Energy:
- TXU Energy is Texas' No.1 choice in competitive electricity providers, powering the lives of more Texans than any other retailer.
- TXU Energy's experience delivers real benefits to our customers with exceptional customer service, competitively priced electricity service plans, innovative energy efficiency options, renewable energy programs and other electricity-related products and services.
- TXU Energy's assistance programs build on a long history of commitment to our customers and communities.
Providing Superior Value to Customers by Offering:
- Competitive Pricing Plans: : TXU Energy provides strong customer value, delivering world-class service, competitive prices and options to fit their needs. Customers can choose from fixed-rate plans that offer the assurance of price protection, flexible month-to-month indexed plans, plans that follow the price of natural gas, renewable energy options and time-of-use plans that deliver big savings when customers shift their usage to off-peak hours. All options carry TXU Energy's clear, straightforward terms of service and no teaser rates.
- Energy Saving Solutions: TXU Energy offers products and tools to help customers save money by using electricity more efficiently. Over the past five years, TXU Energy has invested in the development of market-leading energy efficiency programs like TXU Energy MyEnergy Dashboard - a free service that allows residential and business customers the ability to view, track and understand their consumption. A full suite of TXU Energy mobile solutions has also been developed to help customers manage their electricity accounts while on the go including the first iPhone® and iPad® apps (for the category) in the nation and a mobile website. These innovative tools, together with the fully web-accessible and programmable Brighten® iThermostat, the TXU Energy Personal Energy Advisor and more, provide cutting-edge solutions to meet our customers' evolving needs.
- Customer Assistance: TXU Energy is the industry leader in helping customers in need, working with more than 1,000 social service agencies statewide. TXU Energy AidSM is the largest bill-payment assistance program among electricity companies in the nation, providing more than $78 million to assist more than 435,000 valued customers with temporary assistance on their electricity bill to date. Additionally, TXU Energy offers deposit installment payments and deposit waivers for qualified customers.
- Community Support: As a Texas-based company, TXU Energy is committed to the communities we serve. In addition to our customer assistance programs, TXU Energy donates over a million dollars each year to charitable organizations such as United Way, Meals on Wheels and American Red Cross. The TXU Energy Urban Tree Farm - the largest tree farm of its kind in the nation - has donated more than 180,000 trees to public places across the state., to help the environment and beautify public lands.
Jim Burke, Chairman and CEO, TXU Energy
Jim Burke has led TXU Energy since August 2005 after joining the company in late 2004 as senior VP of TXU Energy's residential markets. His vision is to establish TXU Energy as the most customer-centric retailer, providing solutions for customers to predictably manage their energy costs and overall usage in an effort to be the preferred provider in the marketplace. Prior to TXU Energy, Burke was president and chief operating officer at Gexa Energy and senior VP of consumer operations at Reliant Energy. Prior to his experience in competitive electricity, he worked at The Coca-Cola Company and Deloitte & Touche Consulting. Outside of his responsibilities at TXU Energy, Burke serves on the board of trustees of the Catholic Foundation. He is also an advisory board member for the Tulane University Energy Institute.