We take seriously our commitment to deliver results and serve as responsible corporate stewards for our customers, employees and all Texans.
For Our Customers:
The company's success is based on a reliable source of power, competitive prices, varied product choices, investment in developing new and emerging technologies and enhanced customer service.
- We have committed more than $150 million over the next five years to fund TXU Energy Access, a comprehensive, enhanced set of programs to assist eligible low-income customers. This amount, more than all of the other companies in Texas combined, includes a commitment of $25 million per year for five years to ensure the continuation of our self-funded 10 percent low-income discount to an even larger number of qualified low-income customers.
- We also have committed $5 million per year for five years to continue funding our successful TXU Energy Aid program - which, in 08, celebrates 25 years of helping thousands of families in critical situation each year, lending a hand to those who need it most.
- The company has committed to invest at least $200 million over the next five years to develop energy efficiency and conservation programs to help consumers better manage their energy consumption and reduce demand (which will also benefit the environment).
- TXU Energy consistently offers customers the broadest set of products of any retailer in the market.
- Reliability and costs for Oncor continue to be top quartile in the country to the benefit of consumers.
For Our Employees:
For employees, the company's success creates jobs and career opportunities, provides family-supporting wages, healthcare for employees and their families, and supports and funds retirement and savings programs.
- Our success translated into financial benefits related to the recent merger, resulting in continued market competitive pay and benefits for all EFH employees.
- Investment in new power generation means new jobs for Texas, and career and growth opportunities throughout the state.
- The safety of our employees - and our customers - is our highest priority, and we are constantly striving to improve the safety of our operations in all key indicators.
For Our State of Texas and Its Citizens:Our results have helped make it possible to deliver on our commitment to be a responsible corporate steward for Texas.
- We have committed to a voluntary and unprecedented $1 billion emissions reduction plan to lower key emissions from our existing coal-fueled power plants, and with the commitment to voluntarily offset 100 percent of the key emissions from our new coal-fuel plants, we expect total key emissions from all of our coal-fueled plants to be 20 percent below 2005 levels.
- Our businesses generate billions of direct and indirect spending for the state, contribute millions in taxes for Texas schools, and continue to invest billions in new infrastructure and development.
- We and our employees provide millions of dollars in annual support to state and community charitable organizations, including significant annual support to the United Way campaign.
- We have received numerous awards and recognition for various community, diversity and environmental programs and achievements.