Energy Future Holdings wants to help keep you informed. That is why we offer the latest information on EFH, our most recent press releases as well as a comprehensive archive of past releases and media contacts.
In these portraits of who we are, what we do and why it matters, meet Justin Jackson, a plant operator in training who found big opportunity under the bright lights of his childhood. Read More
Decreasing taxable values at plants and mines caused by market forces mean a plant hold a lower property value in the year ahead. Get the company’s perspective and read the full comments on our POV blog.
- Energy Future Holdings Contributes More Than $25,000 to Red Cross Spring Storm Relief DALLAS – In response to the destructive flooding and severe spring storms in Texas and Oklahoma, Energy Future Holdings has donated more than $25,000 to the American Red Cross’s disaster relief efforts. In addition to a corporate donation, the company activated a Red Cross microsite to give employees an easy way to donate to recovery efforts and ... Click to read more
- TXU Energy Free Mornings and Evenings Benefits Texans During their Busiest Hours Each Day DALLAS – TXU Energy introduced TXU Energy Free Morning and Evenings today, the company’s latest Right Time Pricing Plan, which gives consumers yet another way to save on their electricity bills. This follows the very successful introduction of TXU Energy Free Nights three years ago, which gave consumers the ability to save money by making simple ... Click to read more
- TXU Energy, Papa John’s Celebrate Earth Day by Distributing 12,000 Tree Seedlings Around Houston DALLAS – TXU Energy and Papa John’s partnered to deliver 12,000 Loblolly Pine seedlings to customers ordering pizza from Houston-area Papa John’s in celebration of Earth Day this week. “I’ve worked with TXU Energy for many years, and I knew this was going to be a great way to celebrate our partnership and recognize Earth Day,” ... Click to read more
- Luminant Files Comments Regarding the EPA’s Proposed Rule on Regional Haze for Texas DALLAS – Luminant filed its comments with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency today regarding the proposed rule on regional haze for Texas. Read the foreword and the full comments. To learn more on our company’s thoughts on this proposed rule, check out our POV blog. * * * About Luminant Luminant, a subsidiary of Energy Future Holdings Corp., is a competitive ... Click to read more
- TXU Energy Customers Start 2015 with More than $45 Million in Annual Loyalty Rewards DALLAS – Hundreds of thousands of Texas residents and businesses have started 2015 with a share of almost $46 million in loyalty rewards from TXU Energy. The annual payout – the largest in the program’s eight-year history – is based on the amount of electricity that eligible TXU Energy customers used in 2014. TXU Energy was ... Click to read more
- TXU Energy GreenUp Helps Texans Go 100 Percent Green DALLAS – TXU Energy is one of the largest sellers of renewable energy in Texas and now it’s helping more of its customers go 100 percent green for their home electricity service. The company’s new TXU Energy GreenUpSM option allows existing residential customers to maintain their current TXU Energy plans and benefits – such as Cash ... Click to read more
- Luminant Announces Unprecedented Resolution of Sierra Club Lawsuits DALLAS – Today, Luminant finalized an agreement with the Sierra Club under which the Sierra Club will drop multiple pending legal matters against the company. In return, Luminant will not seek payment from Sierra Club of $6.45 million in fees awarded to the company. A federal judge determined in August of this year that a Sierra ... Click to read more
- TXU Energy Partnership with EnergyHub Enhances Value of Company’s TXU iThermostat, Gives Customers More Flexible Control Options DALLAS – TXU Energy, which introduced the first two-way, Internet-enabled thermostat in Texas’ competitive electricity market, today announced a new partnership to give customers even faster connections with and greater control over their home and business environments. The agreement with energy management and demand response software platform provider EnergyHub builds on the success TXU Energy has achieved ... Click to read more
- Energy Future Holdings Contributes More Than $2.1 Million to United Way, TXU Energy Aid DALLAS – Energy Future Holdings and its people at Luminant and TXU Energy are lighting the way to a brighter holiday season, contributing more than $2.1 million to United Way and TXU Energy Aid. Employee and corporate campaign contributions from 2014 will benefit more than 20 United Way chapters across Texas and keep the lights on ... Click to read more
- TXU Energy Earns Spot Among Top 100 Places to Work in 2014 DALLAS – The Dallas Morning News named TXU Energy among the top 100 companies to work for in its annual “Top 100 Places to Work” competition, which “celebrates employers who go the distances for their staffs,” according to The Dallas Morning News website. In its first year of participation in the survey, TXU Energy placed No. 21 ... Click to read more