Energy Future Holdings wants to help keep you informed. That is why we offer the latest information on EFH, our most recent press releases as well as a comprehensive archive of past releases and media contacts.
In these portraits of who we are, what we do and why it matters, get to know Allison Deuterman, a new mom using sticky notes to create a better customer experience. Read More
The latest report highlights our progress in environmental leadership, stewardship and compliance and moving Texas toward an even more environmentally sound future.
- TXU Energy Customers Start 2015 with More than $45 Million in Annual Loyalty Rewards DALLAS – Hundreds of thousands of Texas residents and businesses have started 2015 with a share of almost $46 million in loyalty rewards from TXU Energy. The annual payout – the largest in the program’s eight-year history – is based on the amount of electricity that eligible TXU Energy customers used in 2014. TXU Energy was the ... Click to read more
- TXU Energy GreenUp Helps Texans Go 100 Percent Green DALLAS – TXU Energy is one of the largest sellers of renewable energy in Texas and now it’s helping more of its customers go 100 percent green for their home electricity service. The company’s new TXU Energy GreenUpSM option allows existing residential customers to maintain their current TXU Energy plans and benefits – such as Cash ... Click to read more
- Luminant Announces Unprecedented Resolution of Sierra Club Lawsuits DALLAS – Today, Luminant finalized an agreement with the Sierra Club under which the Sierra Club will drop multiple pending legal matters against the company. In return, Luminant will not seek payment from Sierra Club of $6.45 million in fees awarded to the company. A federal judge determined in August of this year that a Sierra ... Click to read more
- TXU Energy Partnership with EnergyHub Enhances Value of Company’s TXU iThermostat, Gives Customers More Flexible Control Options DALLAS – TXU Energy, which introduced the first two-way, Internet-enabled thermostat in Texas’ competitive electricity market, today announced a new partnership to give customers even faster connections with and greater control over their home and business environments. The agreement with energy management and demand response software platform provider EnergyHub builds on the success TXU Energy has achieved ... Click to read more
- Energy Future Holdings Contributes More Than $2.1 Million to United Way, TXU Energy Aid DALLAS – Energy Future Holdings and its people at Luminant and TXU Energy are lighting the way to a brighter holiday season, contributing more than $2.1 million to United Way and TXU Energy Aid. Employee and corporate campaign contributions from 2014 will benefit more than 20 United Way chapters across Texas and keep the lights on ... Click to read more
- TXU Energy Earns Spot Among Top 100 Places to Work in 2014 DALLAS – The Dallas Morning News named TXU Energy among the top 100 companies to work for in its annual “Top 100 Places to Work” competition, which “celebrates employers who go the distances for their staffs,” according to The Dallas Morning News website. In its first year of participation in the survey, TXU Energy placed No. 21 ... Click to read more
- Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant Donating $100,000 to Counties in Support of Emergency Preparedness Activities DALLAS –Luminant’s Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant is donating $50,000 each to Hood and Somervell counties to go toward emergency preparedness activities. The donations will be formally made during this week’s commissioners court meetings. “These are the types of donations that just make sense and are a perfect fit for us,” said Rafael Flores, Luminant’s chief ... Click to read more
- TXU Energy-Bidgely Partnership Elevates Customers’ Ability to Track Consumption and Manage Spending DALLAS – Tracking and controlling electricity usage and costs is about to get even easier for TXU Energy customers after the company signed a deal to marry its TXU Energy MyEnergy DashboardSM with cloud-based services and advanced analytics from Bidgely, an industry leader in customer engagement and utility intelligence. The enhanced dashboard will roll out to ... Click to read more
- TXU Energy Challenges Consumers to Find “Watt’s the Difference” During Energy Awareness Month DALLAS – October is Energy Awareness Month, and to celebrate it TXU Energy designed an interactive quiz that helps families understand how their daily activities can affect their electricity consumption and what they can do to control it. “Watt’s the Difference?” takes an everyday scene from the life of an average Texas family and shows how daily decisions ... Click to read more
- Luminant Completes Industry-Leading Dragline Relocation Project DALLAS – Pioneering a new technique for transporting some of North America’s largest earthmovers, Luminant recently relocated four draglines using a state-of-the-art 1,000-wheel vehicle. The mega machines were moved over 30 miles in total to new mining areas across East and Central Texas this past spring and summer. Nearly 60 self-propelled modular transporters, trailers powered by ... Click to read more