07.09.12TXU Energy Launches Beat the Heat Sweepstakes, Engages Texas Electricity Customers with Up to $10,000 Grand Prize
DALLAS – July 9, 2012 – Texans are proud of all things Texas – even when it comes to Texas-sized temperatures. TXU Energy is giving Texas residents a chance to turn those hot days into cool cash. The TXU Energy Beat the Heat Sweepstakes has a jackpot that will grow each day by the amount of the state's hottest temperature. That means a 99-degree day will put $99 in the prize. The pot will keep growing until Sept. 29, not to exceed $10,000, with each daily high temperature determined by the temperatures reported by the National Weather Service.
One winner will be selected in a random drawing in early October for a minimum prize of $7,500.
TXU Energy's Beat the Heat Sweepstakes offers a fun way to track the weather and share beat-the-heat tips, but hot temperatures do pose challenges.
Texans generally face sustained high temperatures and humidity through the day and night. That can drive heavy air conditioning use and contributes to Texans consuming more electricity than residents of any other state.
While TXU Energy wants to reward one lucky Texan for beating the heat this summer, the company is always committed to helping Texans save electricity and save money.
Leveraging smart-meter technology, TXU Energy has invested in numerous tools and programs to give customers the control they need to save energy and money while they keep cool. Customers can take advantage of simple tips such as running dishwashers at night, the TXU Energy MyEnergy DashboardSM and the Brighten® iThermostat that allows them to control their electricity usage from anywhere they have Internet access.
Texans who are 18 or older can enter the Beat the HeatSweepstakes once each day of the sweepstakes through one of six avenues:
· Become a new customer. By signing up for any TXU Energy service plan, new customers will automatically be entered one time. (This method is available once during the contest to new residential customers only. Customers renewing or transferring TXU Energy services are not eligible to enter via this method.)
· Enter via Facebook. Like us on facebook.com/txuenergy and then click on the Sweepstakes tab to find and complete the online entry form and click "Submit.”
· Visit txu.com/beattheheat. Point your Internet browser to our website and fill out the online entry form for another entry.
· Join the Twitter conversation. Follow @TXUEnergy on Twitter through at least Oct. 5 and tell us at least once how you beat the heat in Texas in a tweet that includes @TXUEnergy and #TXUEbeattheheat.
· Send us a picture on Instagram. To get another entry, share at least one picture that you have taken that shows how you beat the heat. Tag the photo @txuenergy and use #TXUEbeattheheat.
· Use traditional mail. Instructions are available via txu.com/beattheheat.
No purchase is necessary to win the sweepstakes. Visit txu.com/beattheheat for the official rules.
The odds of winning are based on the number of total entries in the sweepstakes.
About TXU Energy
TXU Energy is a market-leading competitive retail electricity provider, powering the lives of moreTexans than any other retailer. TXU Energy offers a variety of innovative products and solutions, allowing both its residential and business customers to choose options that best meet their needs, including exceptional customer service, competitively priced electricity service plans, innovative energy efficiency options, renewable energy programs and other electricity-related products and services. Visit txu.com for more information about TXU Energy. REP #10004.
Juan Elizondo, 972.868.285
- Back to the Press Releases Index