Energy Future Holdings wants to help keep you informed. That is why we offer the latest information on EFH, our most recent press releases as well as a comprehensive archive of past releases and media contacts.
In these portraits of who we are, what we do and why it matters, see this young tech enthusiast’s passion for the poetry in programming. Watch the Video
Dinosaur tracks, megawatt stats and more fun facts from Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant’s 25 years of powering Texas.
Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program action month presents opportunity to highlight issues, efforts.
- Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant Celebrates 25 Years of Powering Texas DALLAS – Twenty-five years ago, the first of two units at Luminant’s Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant began supplying power to the state’s electric grid. That day – Aug. 13, 1990 – was the culmination of a long journey through construction and commissioning, and the beginning of a growing history of milestones and memories. Now, ... Click to read more
- Luminant Helps Power Texas as ERCOT Demand Reaches All-time High DALLAS – Luminant’s fleet of nuclear, coal and natural gas plants helped power Texas as ERCOT demand reached an all-time high setting a new record. All of Luminant’s plants were online and available for generation as Texans dealt with the high summer temperatures. Luminant was generating over 13,500 megawatts during the peak hour. * * * Click to read more
- Energy Future Holdings Contributes More Than $25,000 to Red Cross Spring Storm Relief DALLAS – In response to the destructive flooding and severe spring storms in Texas and Oklahoma, Energy Future Holdings has donated more than $25,000 to the American Red Cross’s disaster relief efforts. In addition to a corporate donation, the company activated a Red Cross microsite to give employees an easy way to donate to recovery efforts and ... Click to read more
- TXU Energy Free Mornings and Evenings Benefits Texans During their Busiest Hours Each Day DALLAS – TXU Energy introduced TXU Energy Free Morning and Evenings today, the company’s latest Right Time Pricing Plan, which gives consumers yet another way to save on their electricity bills. This follows the very successful introduction of TXU Energy Free Nights three years ago, which gave consumers the ability to save money by making simple ... Click to read more
- TXU Energy, Papa John’s Celebrate Earth Day by Distributing 12,000 Tree Seedlings Around Houston DALLAS – TXU Energy and Papa John’s partnered to deliver 12,000 Loblolly Pine seedlings to customers ordering pizza from Houston-area Papa John’s in celebration of Earth Day this week. “I’ve worked with TXU Energy for many years, and I knew this was going to be a great way to celebrate our partnership and recognize Earth Day,” ... Click to read more
- Luminant Files Comments Regarding the EPA’s Proposed Rule on Regional Haze for Texas DALLAS – Luminant filed its comments with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency today regarding the proposed rule on regional haze for Texas. Read the foreword and the full comments. To learn more on our company’s thoughts on this proposed rule, check out our POV blog. * * * About Luminant Luminant, a subsidiary of Energy Future Holdings Corp., is a competitive ... Click to read more
- TXU Energy Customers Start 2015 with More than $45 Million in Annual Loyalty Rewards DALLAS – Hundreds of thousands of Texas residents and businesses have started 2015 with a share of almost $46 million in loyalty rewards from TXU Energy. The annual payout – the largest in the program’s eight-year history – is based on the amount of electricity that eligible TXU Energy customers used in 2014. TXU Energy was ... Click to read more
- TXU Energy GreenUp Helps Texans Go 100 Percent Green DALLAS – TXU Energy is one of the largest sellers of renewable energy in Texas and now it’s helping more of its customers go 100 percent green for their home electricity service. The company’s new TXU Energy GreenUpSM option allows existing residential customers to maintain their current TXU Energy plans and benefits – such as Cash ... Click to read more
- Luminant Announces Unprecedented Resolution of Sierra Club Lawsuits DALLAS – Today, Luminant finalized an agreement with the Sierra Club under which the Sierra Club will drop multiple pending legal matters against the company. In return, Luminant will not seek payment from Sierra Club of $6.45 million in fees awarded to the company. A federal judge determined in August of this year that a Sierra ... Click to read more
- TXU Energy Partnership with EnergyHub Enhances Value of Company’s TXU iThermostat, Gives Customers More Flexible Control Options DALLAS – TXU Energy, which introduced the first two-way, Internet-enabled thermostat in Texas’ competitive electricity market, today announced a new partnership to give customers even faster connections with and greater control over their home and business environments. The agreement with energy management and demand response software platform provider EnergyHub builds on the success TXU Energy has achieved ... Click to read more