Energy Future Holdings wants to help keep you informed. That is why we offer the latest information on EFH, our most recent press releases as well as a comprehensive archive of past releases and media contacts.
Shining light on Luminant’s commitment to serve customers and Texas with a balanced energy portfolio, the company has agreed to buy 116 megawatts generated by a SunEdison large-scale solar plant in Upton County, Texas.
Read More and Watch the Video
In these portraits of who we are, what we do and why it matters, see this young tech enthusiast’s passion for the poetry in programming.
Watch the Video
Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program action month presents opportunity to highlight issues, efforts.
- TXU Energy Cash Back Loyalty Reward Customers Receive $47 Million DALLAS – What’s better than getting great products and services at competitive prices? How about a share of more than $47 million? That’s what hundreds of thousands of TXU Energy customers will be enjoying in the next few weeks as annual loyalty rewards reach their mailboxes. Since its first payout in 2008, the TXU Energy Cash ... Click to read more
- TXU Energy Launches 100 Percent Texas Solar Electricity Plan DALLAS – Jan. 5, 2016 – Bringing yet another innovative option to Texas electricity consumers, TXU Energy has announced TXU Energy Solar AdvantageSM, the market’s first electricity plan that’s 100 percent backed by solar power generated in Texas. The plan comes on the heels of the company’s new, high-efficiency solar rooftop offer, and it further expands ... Click to read more
- Court Confirms Energy Future Holdings’ Plan of Reorganization DALLAS – December 3, 2015 – Energy Future Holdings today announced that the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware has confirmed the company’s plan of reorganization. The plan contemplates a tax-free spin of the company’s competitive businesses, including Luminant and TXU Energy, and the sale of its holdings in Oncor to a ... Click to read more
- Luminant Announces the Acquisition of the La Frontera Portfolio from NextEra Energy Resources DALLAS – November 27, 2015 – Furthering its commitment to powering Texas and serving its customers, Luminant announced today it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire generating assets representing 2,988 MW of capacity in the competitive ERCOT market. Luminant has agreed to purchase NextEra’s La Frontera portfolio, which consists of Forney Energy Center and ... Click to read more
- TXU Energy Introduces TXU Solar from SunPower DALLAS – TXU Energy, the company that brought the first affordable rooftop solar offer to North Texas in 2010, today introduced TXU Solar from SunPower, providing the highest efficiency solar panels available in the market. SunPower® solar panels have a 25-year combined power and product warranty and during that time, produce 70 percent more energy than conventional ... Click to read more
- TXU Energy, Community Partners Help Customers Pay More than 40,000 Summer Electricity Bills DALLAS – TXU Energy, its employees, customers and community partners helped thousands of Texans in the state’s most populous areas keep their electricity flowing during the recent summer months by coordinating almost $5.7 million in bill-payment assistance for more than 40,000 TXU Energy invoices. “A crisis can strike any one of us,” Jim Burke, president and ... Click to read more
- Luminant Solar Project Expands Diverse Mix of Generation DALLAS – Continuing its commitment to serve customers and Texas with a balanced energy portfolio, Luminant has agreed to buy 116 megawatts generated by a SunEdison large-scale solar plant in Upton County, Texas. The power purchase agreement, which is being added to Luminant’s already diverse mix of energy sources, is the largest in the nation ... Click to read more
- Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant Celebrates 25 Years of Powering Texas DALLAS – Twenty-five years ago, the first of two units at Luminant’s Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant began supplying power to the state’s electric grid. That day – Aug. 13, 1990 – was the culmination of a long journey through construction and commissioning, and the beginning of a growing history of milestones and memories. Now, ... Click to read more
- Luminant Helps Power Texas as ERCOT Demand Reaches All-time High DALLAS – Luminant’s fleet of nuclear, coal and natural gas plants helped power Texas as ERCOT demand reached an all-time high setting a new record. All of Luminant’s plants were online and available for generation as Texans dealt with the high summer temperatures. Luminant was generating over 13,500 megawatts during the peak hour. * * * Click to read more
- Energy Future Holdings Contributes More Than $25,000 to Red Cross Spring Storm Relief DALLAS – In response to the destructive flooding and severe spring storms in Texas and Oklahoma, Energy Future Holdings has donated more than $25,000 to the American Red Cross’s disaster relief efforts. In addition to a corporate donation, the company activated a Red Cross microsite to give employees an easy way to donate to recovery efforts and ... Click to read more