Energy Future Holdings wants to help keep you informed. That is why we offer the latest information on EFH, our most recent press releases as well as a comprehensive archive of past releases and media contacts.
Luminant’s mining employees are digging into the record books. The team recently achieved the lowest injury rate in the nation among the largest mining companies, according to a review of the 2015 MSHA Recordable Injury Rates.
Read More and Watch the Video
- Energy Future Holdings Corp. Announces New Leadership Team DALLAS – October 17, 2016 – Energy Future Holdings Corp. (“EFH Corp.”) today announced the appointment of a new leadership team effective as of October 4. The new team, each of whom was formerly with EFH Corp., is charged with overseeing the completion of EFH Corp.’s Chapter 11 emergence process. This includes direct oversight of ... Click to read more
- TCEH Corp., Parent Company for Luminant and TXU Energy, Emerges from Chapter 11 as a Competitive, Well-Capitalized Company Energy Industry Veteran Curt Morgan Formally Named CEO Restructuring Eliminates More Than $33 Billion in Debt Benefits from Low Leverage Relative to Peer Group Company Closes on $4.25 Billion Exit Financing Facility DALLAS, Oct. 4, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — TCEH Corp. today announced that it and certain of its subsidiaries, including operating businesses Luminant and TXU Energy, have emerged from ... Click to read more
- Court Confirms Texas Competitive Energy Holdings’ Amended Plan of Reorganization Upon receipt of regulatory approvals and emergence, Reorganized TCEH, including Luminant, TXU Energy and supporting business services, to operate as stand-alone company poised to benefit from a strong balance sheet and enviable positioning in Texas’ competitive energy market. DALLAS – August 26, 2016 – Energy Future Holdings today announced that the United States Bankruptcy Court for the ... Click to read more
- TXU Energy Empowering Customers to Choose When Their Free Nights Start DALLAS – May 13, 2016 – Last week, TXU Energy announced that customers who sign up for TXU Energy Free Nights® can choose whether their free nighttime electricity starts at 8, 9 or 10 p.m. That puts even more power to save directly in customers’ hands. With this new option, customers can select a plan that includes ... Click to read more
- Luminant Completes Purchase of Combined-Cycle Gas Plants DALLAS – April 4, 2016 – Luminant has acquired two combined-cycle natural gas plants in Texas, having received regulatory approval from the Public Utility Commission of Texas and closing on the acquisition today. These generating assets represent nearly 3,000 megawatts of capacity in the competitive ERCOT market: the Forney Power Plant in Forney with a ... Click to read more
- Luminant Names New Chief Nuclear Officer for Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant DALLAS – March 30, 2016 – Luminant today named Ken Peters as chief nuclear officer for Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant, effective April 1. In announcing Peters’ appointment, Luminant Chief Executive Officer Mac McFarland said, “Ken is a tremendous leader. His dedication to safety, along with his broad experience and knowledge in the nuclear generation ... Click to read more
- Luminant’s Mining Team Achieves Significant Safety Milestone DALLAS – March 24, 2016 – Luminant’s mining employees are digging into the record books. The team recently achieved the lowest injury rate in the nation among the largest mining companies, according to a review of the 2015 MSHA Recordable Injury Rates. “Everyone’s relentless dedication to safety, as individuals and as teammates looking out for each other, led to ... Click to read more
- TXU Energy Expands Solar Offerings, Creates State’s First Solar Club DALLAS – February 16, 2016 – Texas homeowners now can get the benefits of a virtual rooftop solar array, including a low, fixed electricity price, for five years with TXU Energy Solar Club 60SM. This unique electricity plan, which doesn’t have the cost of installing a home solar system, gives Texans membership in a shared solar club ... Click to read more
- TXU Energy Cash Back Loyalty Reward Customers Receive $47 Million DALLAS – January 19, 2016 – What’s better than getting great products and services at competitive prices? How about a share of more than $47 million? That’s what hundreds of thousands of TXU Energy customers will be enjoying in the next few weeks as annual loyalty rewards reach their mailboxes. Since its first payout in 2008, the ... Click to read more
- TXU Energy Launches 100 Percent Texas Solar Electricity Plan DALLAS – January 5, 2016 – Bringing yet another innovative option to Texas electricity consumers, TXU Energy has announced TXU Energy Solar AdvantageSM, the market’s first electricity plan that’s 100 percent backed by solar power generated in Texas. The plan comes on the heels of the company’s new, high-efficiency solar rooftop offer, and it further expands ... Click to read more