Why would a company help you use less of what it sells? That’s the question TXU Energy frames in a new two-minute film. It shows how the company helps customers control their electricity usage and save money via the devices they already use day to day. It also shows the positive experiences this creates.
The film features some of TXU Energy’s digital energy savings solutions as seen through the eyes of a young customer who uses them via her tablet computer while she’s in a coffee shop. It shares what this young woman is thinking as she finds ways to use less electricity at home so she can save money.
As the story opens, the woman learns she may exceed her own electricity budget thanks to a free alert from TXU Energy. She ponders why the electricity company would help her use less of what it sells as a waiter refills her coffee mug. Then, the film demonstrates why, showing how empowering her to control her electricity usage and save herself money creates a bond between her and the company.
“When people ask us why we help our customers conserve,” said Michael Grasso, chief marketing officer, TXU Energy, “the answer is simple: It’s about delivering long term value, one day at a time. We know our customers care about controlling their electricity costs, so we give them control through tech tools that fit their lifestyles and make that easy to do. It’s one of the ways we’re working hard to earn—and keep—their business for today and years to come.”
In the film, the customer starts and completes several energy saving activities while she’s at the coffee shop, using either her tablet computer or smartphone to access:
· TXU Energy’s budget alerts, which are free for any TXU Energy customer with a smart meter. After opting in to service, you receive email alerts if your usage at home could cause you to spend more than the budget threshold you set.
· The TXU Energy MyEnergy Dashboard SM, which shows you your whole home’s electricity usage and cost by month, day and even hour if you have a smart meter. The dashboard also provides a forecast of your estimated usage and upcoming bill and an estimate of how your consumption compares with homes like yours in your ZIP code.
· The Brighten® iThermostat, an energy savings solution from TXU Energy, is a programmable thermostat that makes it easy to access, change or set indoor temperatures while you’re at home or away via a Web-enabled PC, tablet computer or smartphone.
· The Brighten® Personal Energy Advisor offers personalized do-it-yourself tips and how-to videos that can help you avoid wasting energy via air leaks, insufficient insulation, water heater settings, HVAC inefficiency and more.
· The TXU Energy iPhone® app allows you to check and pay your electricity bills, control your home temperature settings via the Brighten iThermostat, access key features of the TXU Energy MyEnergy Dashboard and more. Customers using Android™ smartphones also have access to the same features via the company’s Android app. Both apps can be downloaded for free. The company’s iPhone app is available via the App Store, and the Android app is available via Google Play and the Amazon Appstore.
The customer in the new film is in good company when it comes to engaging with TXU Energy via the tech tools she uses on screen. Since the beginning of 2011, more than 300,000 TXU Energy customers have visited the energy savings solutions over 1 million times as the company‘s mobile traffic has more than doubled and continues to grow.
The short filmis available online at txu.com/empowered.
* * *
iPhone is a registered trademark of Apple Inc. Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
About TXU Energy
TXU Energy is a market-leading competitive retail electricity provider, powering the lives of more Texans than any other retailer. TXU Energy offers a variety of innovative products and solutions, allowing both its residential and business customers to choose options that best meet their needs, including exceptional customer service, competitively priced electricity service plans, innovative energy efficiency options, renewable energy programs and other electricity-related products and services. Visit txu.com for more information about TXU Energy. REP #10004.
|Amanda L. Ray